How to use Illustrator brush strokes as a great source for symbols / shapes in Illustrator tutorial, how to get started with the conversion
Select or create a path for the brush stroke, can be as simple as a straight line. Once you have that, go to the brushes panel and select a stroke and that will be added to the path. This tutorial works best if you select an artistic stroke.
You can find our 16,000 Illustrator vector colorful brushes collection all for use as a source for symbols. You can also use other assets as sources for symbols such as horseshoe and curved fonts and eps designs for Word, CorelDRAW, Indesign, Photoshop etc and gear and cog fonts and eps shapes and many others
1) select the stroke / path combination which could be an artistic (as left) or a scatter Illustrator brush
2) drag to the symbols panel
3) select the default settings and there you have the item in the panel.
Of course, you can also re-color the brush stroke and then add the brush stroke to the symbols panel or perhaps changing the spacing or the angle of the Illustrator brush and then add that to the symbol panel and so on. Perhaps even combine the Illustrator brushes with different paths and then add that to the symbol panel in Illustrator - 1000s of amazing symbols from a single stroke.
You can now add the symbol as an instance by dragging to the artboard or use the sprayer tool to add the instances
1) Add the instances using the sprayer tool by selecting the created symbol in the panel
2) Selecting the symbol sprayer
3) Add as many instances or as few as you wish.
You can also modify the size and the angle etc by using the sub sprayer tools such as the sizer and spinner etc
1) Go over to the same symbol in the panel and double click the item to enter the editing mode.
2) Change the stroke by selecting the stroke path and selecting a new one in the brush panel.
3) Exit editing mode / isolation mode and all the paths / instances will change to the new form.
You can also copy the results to Photoshop via the pasteboard
You can also find a selection of symbols for Illustrator on the site such as Christmas and Xmas symbols and shapes which includes a wide range of festive artworks for your work along with spots and rectangular artworks and halftone dots font shapes for all kinds of screen designs and textures along with a selection of wonderful tabular and grid Illustrator symbols