How to copy Illustrator vector paths to Logoist and add effects etc in Logoist tutorial
Create a vector path or open an AI document with a vector path (s).
1000s of Illustrator symbols You may find them of interest and use in AI as well as Logoist
OK, you don't have to copy the vector to the desktop but it is probably the easiest location. You could also drag the path from Illustrator artboard to the any folder. It creates a file called 'picture clipping'.
You can then open that in another app
1) select the artwork
2) drag from the artboard to the desktop or to a folder
Note: the picture clipping file can be renamed to a PDF file, it is a PDF format file (why it doesn't make that clear is baffling)
1) Startup Logoist app (create a new document or an existing one)
2) goto the desktop or wherever you placed the path file and then drag that document into Logoist and it will then appear in the currently opened document where you can then add presets or other effects to the item.
It is still a vector and can be re-sized in any number of ways.
Or, use the
1) object menu
2) Add image
Logoist is an interesting app that can be used to create some very interesting logo artwork as well as great backdrops.
It includes a vast range of different effects such as halftones, blurs, fills with patterns, borders, color borders, shadows, gradients, transformations, perspective, glows, extruded, color commands, inverted and so on (wish Photoshop had all of those for their layer effects menu).
1) select the added artwork work from Illustrator
2) go to the effects or use the style presets
Logoist does come with a large number of symbols / paths. There is now a new version of Logoist available and that now comes with additional SVG features and many other new features.
You can find out more about Logoist via apple store or via Synium Software
You can also do the same with symbols and not just standard paths. The symbols, however, lose all their structure when you add effects in Logoist - you will just end up with a metal or border effect but none of the separate paths